Owner of FADCreationS, FERDINAND, is raising funds for South African Indie Film - 'Line Out' the movie musical! A South African Movie Musical that captures the emotions and experiences of the younger generation being enslaved by post-apartheid.www.kickstarter.com/projects/1233059490/south-african-indie-film-line-out-the-movie-musica
Think High School Musical meets South African academy award winning movie, Tsotsi.
Please grant me this opportunity to introduce my project to you. Please click on the link below.
I have a vision to create my own South African movie musical. A full length feature that will marry three of the major & most diverse cultures in the Country. The Zulu culture, Afrikaans and English.
My story is about a teenage boy with a bright future in professional rugby. He runs into trouble when his journey surfaces intriguing truths of the past that challenge his integrity, his cross-cultural belief system and his passion for the game. The musical score will be infused with South Africa’s distinctive Afrikaans and English music background with a dynamic undercurrent of powerful African rhythm and rhyme. Which will be supported by explosive and avant-garde choreography sequences.
My objectives for this project is to:
1. To integrate South Africa into the global mainstream society of Movie Musicals.
2. To develop talent and expose such talent internationally.
3. To foster, promote and publicise the art of Musical Theatre.
4. To create an awareness of the physical, cultural and educational benefit to be derived from Musical Theatre.
5. To add value to the Country’s Movie projects.
6. To help create job opportunities
In order for me to turn this passion of mine into a reality I will need some help to propel us into the pre - production phase. My major focus at this point in time is raising funds for the project. Any backing that we will receive will be evenly distributed between the following above-the-line and below-the-line expenses/costs:
• Location scouting
• Film permits
• Production design, props sourcing, and set building and decorating
• Packs preparation and presentation
• Animatronics and prosthetics
• Stunts, special effects and precision driving
• Experienced and highly-professional film crew
• Camera, grips and lighting equipment
• Film set catering
• Cost reporting and budget management
• Script breakdown and shoot scheduling using ‘Movie Magic’
• Production and weather insurance
• Negative processing, transfer, editing and grading
• Sound mix
• State-of-the-art Digital filming, post-production and animation
If we have to equate the cost of the project to monetary capital, the total amount of funds/sponsorships/grants we need to make this journey a success will be R2 500 000.
Sponsorships need not be in monetary form only but can take the shape of designing services, filming equipment, lighting equipment, editing software, computers, product placement, catering and film crew.
Should you decide to donate to ‘Line Out’ the Movie Musical you won’t only receive the exciting incentives listed on my project’s profile but you’ll also be instrumental in the development of movie musicals in an ever growing film industry in South Africa, as well as creating a platform for many individuals with a dream & passion to create and making movies.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact me at any time.
For more information, contact Ferdinand Gernandt on Tel: +27 (0)83 357-4302
Visit DanceDirectory regularly for the latest dance news and information on dance events and achievements worldwide.