Ever wondered what a Dance Resume / CV should look like? Here is a copy of an outstanding Ballet Dancer’s Resume. You can use the format for your own Resume.
Name: Sara Michelle Murawski
Dance School: The Rock School, Philadelphia, PA
Date of Birth: 19 August 1991
Height: 5’9 ¾”
Pseudonom: (Don’t forget to enter these) Not essential
Tel No: (Don’t forget to enter these) Try to enter at least two numbers
Email Address: (Don’t forget to enter these) Make sure you enter the correct email address and more important… Remember to check your emails!
Yearround training schools:
- Sandra Balestracci, Eastern Virginia School for the Performing Arts, Williamsburg, VA. 1997-2001 (and present occasional return study and coaching): 757-229-8535.
- In between, I worked privately with several coaches and mentors: Galina Panova, Martine Van Hamel, Diana White, Sandra Balestracci, Rafael Grigorian, Leslie Hench, & Ken Laws
- The Rock School for Dance Education: 2006-present: full merit-based scholarship
- Ballet Academy East, 2004 & 2005 (on scholarship in 2005)
- Kaatsbaan International Dance Center, Winter Workshop and Session III, extreme ballet, 2006
- The Rock School for Dance Education, 2006: on scholarship
- Ellison School of Ballet, summer 2007 and drop-in classes
- Alexander Sasha Boitsov, drop-in classes
- Chautauqua School of Dance, summer 2007: on scholarship
Prior summer school acceptances:
- Pacific Northwest ballet, ABT NYC (2 years), SAB with scholarship (2 years acceptance; one with scholarship), San Francisco, UBA (Kirov)~~ At all of those points in time, the costs for travel/residences were prohibitive.
The Rock School for Dance Education:
- Pas de Deux with Sandhurst Miggins of Chris Flemming’s “Polaris” (performed at Mann Center, Kimmel Center, and at Macy’s Grand Opening, downtown, Philadelphia)
- Lead Pas de Deux with guest dancer, Andrew of NYCB to Second Movement from Balanchine’s Symphony in C in Summer Showcase
- Dew Drop, 2006 Nutcracker
- Winter Workshop: one of two soloists in a performed Giselle segment
- Summer 2005 Workshop Performance: LeSylphide—first demi of three demi’s; soloist in Jazz/ Contemporary piece.
- Artistry Award, 2001 Regionals, pre-competitive
- First Place Classical Ballet Soloist as Odette from Swan Lake: 2006 Philadelphia Regional, Junior Division
- First Place Pas De Deux (against all ensembles and pas de deuxes) as Giselle, Second Act: 2006 Regional, Junior Division
- Performed Black Swan turning variation in South Carolina regional as a non-competing entry
- Top 12 Senior Category, 2007: Sarah Chaplin Langham Award; Danced a solo variation in “Stars of Today/Stars of Tomorrow” Gala at NYC City Center
Russian Pointe, Washington, D.C., October 2006:
- Russian Pointe Model Award, Artistry Award, Second Place
- Dance Spirit Magazine Cover Model Finalist, 2007
- Model dancer for Dr. Ken Law’s 2008 edition Physics of Dance book
- Photos displayed on Gene Schiavone’s site:
- 4.0 GPA: Pennyslvania Cyber Charter School: 11.5 grade